The news just keeps dropping over at Colosseum Combat, as it’s now being reported that Ultimate Fighter alum Dustin Neace (25-22-1) will meet Tyler Combs (15-12) in the main event at Colosseum Combat XXXIV.
It’s been over two years since the U.S. Army soldier has stepped foot inside the cage. His last ended in controversy as the referee stopped the fight after he had believed Neace was out. Neace tried to protest the decision citing his opponent, Kenny Jordan, illegally landed numerous shots to the back of the head.
In the end, it didn’t matter as Jordan failed a post-fight drug test which resulted in their match-up being overturned and ruled a no-contest. It was a disappointing way for Neace to end his career. That was to be the last time Neace ever competed as the now 29-year-old was joining the military.
As we know now, the retirement was not permanent nor did it last long as the Indianapolis-native is ready for his next adventure when he meets the very outspoken and opinionated Tyler Combs.
“When Mark Slater asks you what you need to take a fight lol,” Combs posted days ago. “Just give me a name and that fucking contract.”
At the time, we speculated that Combs would make his return to Kokomo but we did not know as to who he would be fighting. No stranger to tough fights, the Vision MMA fighter has met some of the best including now UFC fighter Andrew Holbrook, UFC veteran Jamie Varner, and also Ultimate Fighter alum Daniel Head.
In the time that Neace has stepped away from the action, Combs has visited the cage on three separate occasions. In his most recent outing, Combs came up short late in the opening round against Holbrook.
Prior to that loss, the Kettering, Ohio-resident submitted Head in the final round of their fight. The win was momentous for the veteran who lost six of his previous fights. The win set him up for a shot against Holbrook for the promotion’s professional vacant lightweight title.
This match-up marks the eleventh bout currently scheduled for the upcoming event that takes place on February 20, 2016, at the National Guard Armory located in Kokomo, Indiana. Below is a look at the rest of the Colosseum Combat XXXIV fight card:
– Dustin Neace (25-22-1) vs. Tyler Combs (15-12) – Lightweight Main Event
– Jeremy Pender (11-11) vs. Brandon Clawson (3-1) – Bantamweight Co-Main Event
– Reggie Merriweather (8-8) vs. Cameron VanCamp (3-2-1) – Featherweight
– Terry House (6-10) vs. Blayze Rodgers (0-3) – Featherweight
– Ryan Gosnell (2-0) vs. Jameson Sharp (2-0) – Catchweight (160lbs)
– Chris Blevins (1-1) vs. Adam Gonzales (3-3) – Middleweight
– Mahu Mendoza (2-0-1) vs. Janson Golightly (3-1-1) (Champion) – Bantamweight Title
– Zach Edington (10-2) vs. Jacob Hurlock (6-4) – Middleweight
– Keair Ross (1-0) vs. Gabriel Parnell (1-2) – Lightweight
– Casey Schile (0-1) vs. Alex Holochak (0-0) – Welterweight
– Damion Swoke (4-0) vs. Jay Watkins (2-2) – Catchweight (140lbs)
Stay tuned to BluegrassMMA.com for more information surrounding Colosseum Combat XXXIV including fight match-ups.