It was just announced earlier today that Dom Steele (14-6, 1-1 UFC) will meet Danny Roberts (12-1, 1-0 UFC) at UFC 197. The event which features a light-heavyweight clash between current division champion Daniel Cormier and former champion Jon Jones.
Making his third trip to the Octagon in less than a year, “Non-Stop Action Packed” is coming off an impressive win at UFC Fight Night 79 where he finished Dong Hyun Kim with a breathtaking slam. The finish earned him several accolades including a Performance of the Night bonus.
Let's take another look at that KO by ! 😳 LIVE on https://t.co/rB5tJloNzp
Roberts made his debut this past December at UFC Fight Night 80 where he submitted Nathan Coy in the opening round. For the most part, the contest wasn’t much of a test for “Hot Chocolate” as he dominated the fight from the very start. The British-born fighter will be a tough challenge for Steele as he has finished 10 of his fights by knockout or submission and 5 of those in the first round.
The two fighters will meet in the welterweight division at the April 23 event that takes place at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
With this latest fight announcement, the card looks like this:
– Daniel Cormier (c) vs. Jon Jones
– Demetrious Johnson (c) vs. Henry Cejudo
– Yair Rodríguez vs. Andre Fili
– Robert Whittaker vs. Rafael Natal
– Jessica Aguilar vs. Juliana Lima
– Marcos Rogério de Lima vs. Clint Hester
– Glaico França vs. James Vick
– Anthony Pettis vs. Edson Barboza
– Danny Roberts vs. Dominique Steele
*Event subject to change